- Bettendorf, IA, USA
- Full Time
We currently have a full time opening for a Surgery Scheduling Assistant in our Bettendorf Clinic. The duties of this position are as follows:
- Communicates with physicians, patients, surgery centers and hospitals to coordinate and schedule surgeries and tests
- Obtains prior authorization and precertification from insurance companies for surgeries, tests and DME
- Reviews all lab results and address abnormalities
- Obtains clearances from Primary Care Physicians and Cardiologists
- Educates patients and their caregivers regarding specific care related to surgery, as instructed by the physician
- Communicates with providers regarding orders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of personal computer applications and Electronic Medical Record
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with patients, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Previous medical office experience required. One year of prior surgery/procedure scheduling experience is preferred.